Massage Therapy allows you to move more freely, sleep better, experience less muscle tension and…
Treat Yourself This Summer
As the seasons change, we tend to reflect on how we’ve progressed the past few months and what we’d like to do now. Would you like to feel motivated to learn new things, do something interesting and accomplish worthwhile goals? You can use this summer to bring these desires to life! You can also factor in some ‘me time’ and treat yourself this summer 😉
Avoid Summer Stress!
When we’re deep in the cold, wet clutches of winter, all we can think of is the lazy, hazy summer days. Picnics, barbecues, days out and sunshine are all we remember from the last summer.
Then, when we reach summer time, we remember why summer has stresses of its own. Who hasn’t day dreamed about the last summer holiday but forgotten the fact that travelling hours to get there left the entire family hot, cranky and dehydrated? Or that on the second day of the break, one of the kids had an allergic reaction to a bug sting and spent the entire week whining about it itching?
With the kids at home, the planned fun and games can also turn into fighting and complaining about being bored. Some days you just wish it was winter again after all! That’s why, whether you have kids or not, and wherever you are planning to spend time this summer, you need to schedule in some down time. Summer can really stress you out, so making sure that you’re well prepared with pre-holiday treatments and a massage or two will give you that extra relaxation top up and also helps you make your summer holiday about you as well as everybody else.
Remember that even if you are always looking out for everyone else, you deserve some time out too. It might be a cliché that gets over used but there is a lot of truth to the statement ‘you cannot pour from an empty cup’ – get your fix of relaxation up front and you’ll feel much more equipped to give to everyone else.
Top Tips for Stress-Free Summer Months:
• Spend time in the sunshine – it really does improve your mood. Load up on sun screen and head out into the back garden with a book and a cool drink, even if it’s just for 30 minutes. • Get the kids out on a play date and make some time for you.
• Sneak in a nap – sleep can be compromised over the summer when the temperatures rise, so if you have an opportunity in the day time for a nap, take it and stock up in advance on sleep.
• Enjoy a yoga class – perfect for regular relaxation and you can take a few of your favourite moves away on holiday with you, too.
• Turn off the iPads – and other gadgets. Give yourself a tech detox for an hour or so a day, or even an entire day/holiday if you think you can. Just escaping from the constant ping of notifications can be a great way to unplug stress and chill out.
• Don’t neglect your down-time. Schedule in time for YOU in amongst the fun family days out and other activities.
Enjoy your summer!
How will you ignite your passions or treat yourself as the weather heats up?
Will you take up a new hobby, meet up with old friends, visit some interesting places, declutter and redecorate your home, put into practice a new self care routine or enjoy the simple things in life?
Explore these ideas for planning your most inspiring summer ever:
- Take a personal inventory. Think about what you want and need in your life right now. Do you desire closer relationships? Perhaps you want to develop knowledge in a particular subject area. Maybe the one thing you seek most is more adventure in your life. This summer is a good time to try these things out. For example, if you’ve been working a lot of overtime, maybe you’ll conclude that what you really need is more quality time with family and some fun in your life. Think about what’s missing emotionally for you right now and promise yourself to include it in your life this summer.
- Ask yourself, “What do I really want to do?” Make a list of the short-term and long-term goals you wish to accomplish. This is the time for some serious soul-searching. When making your list, decide whether to focus most on your professional or personal life. If it’s a personal list, you might include items like, “Keep my cool when dealing with my teenagers” and “Exercise five times a week.” However, plans such as, “Save for a trip to Italy next year” might also appear. Consider this list your short-term bucket list. On your professional list, list entries like, “Research topic X” or “Complete a quarterly report on my achievements for the boss.” Also, “Resolve negative feelings toward Joe Bloggs at work” and “Talk with my manager about taking on Project B” may appear. When writing your professional list, keep in mind that your ultimate goals are to ignite deeper interests, resolve troubling issues, and promote your work life this summer.
- Discuss summer schedules now. For many, becoming inspired will involve other people. Tell your spouse or friends that you’re planning a summer that will be stimulating, motivating and full of accomplishments. Share your intentions. Listen to their ideas. If you’ve got a close friend, they might want to jump on board to plan their own inspiring summer along with you and share some of your activities, too. Schedule time with people you learn from and admire. After all, getting inspired is a spiritual journey you take with the help of others.
- Plan a trip this summer. Speaking of journeys, even if it’s only a long weekend, nothing inspires us like seeing brand new sights. When you travel, your mind is removed from the more mundane tasks of everyday life. You’re physically and spiritually transported to a place where everything is new and different. Maybe you’ll outline that novel you’ve always wanted to write or create a master financial plan for the next 20 years. Taking a holiday will invigorate your thinking and deepen your interests in new people, places and things.
- Select three short-term goals to accomplish by summer’s end. Clip them from the list. Stick them on your fridge. Place a second copy on your bathroom mirror. Stash them in your car. Gear up to achieve success.
If you take time to assess what you want and how you intend to get there, you’ll experience one of your most inspiring summers ever. Don’t delay! Start today to plan your best summer ever and book some time out with our Top to Toe Wellness Session.
Our Top to Toe Wellness Session combines the physical benefits of Holistic Massage, covering the full body, feet and face, with the energetic benefits of Ear Candling and Reiki.
During the Summer this Wellness Session is reduced from £70 to £65.
Book An Appointment Online Now!
Our online booking service, Bookeo is easy-to-use. It is our virtual, online appointment book that allows new and existing clients to schedule an appointment with us any time of day or night, from any computer. What’s more, Bookeo will send you a reminder via email and text before your appointments.